Monday, November 28, 2011

Learn More About Photography for Free

Photography is something that often starts out as a hobby for many individuals. I know that it did for me. As I took more photos, my passion for the technique and art of photography grew, so I knew that I needed to buckle down and learn more. For me, I was lucky enough to be able to take a course at my college in Digital Photography. However, classroom options are not ideal for everyone because of tuition costs and schedules. After my class was over, I looked into additional courses at area colleges, but quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to afford to enroll in additional classes.

Lucky for me, I discovered a place that offer education in photography for FREE. I follow many local photographers on Facebook. One day one of these photographers posted information for a free webinar that he was hosting later in the week. Interested to hear the nationally known photographer speak, I quickly accessed the link and signed up for the webinar.



The link took me to a website called Photography Schoolhouse. You can join the site for free and participate in free webinars and join the online community. Photographers all over the United States take part in this website whether it be as members or guest speakers. You get to hear a multitude of topics and be exposed to different techniques and approaches to photography.

My free webinar was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. The photographer hosting the webinar has a studio less than five minutes from my house, and it felt good to hear how someone so close to me reached success in a small town. I was able to hear tips on camera use, camera equipment choices, props, backgrounds, and even business choices. The best part was that I was able to get all of this information from the comfort of my own home.

Once you sign-up for Photography Schoolhouse, you will have access to everything that Photography Schoolhouse has to offer. You can sign-up to secure your spot in a scheduled, free webinar or surf the message boards. Plus, once you've signed up you will get emails on free webinars that you can attend.

Here's what Photography Schoolhouse has to say about it's services:

"Thousands of photographers have joined Photography Schoolhouse and advanced their personal or professional photography skills by:

Watching our videos
Joining our FREE Webinars
Joining our Live Workshops and Seminars
Downloading our Free Actions
Posting their work for Critique
Interacting with professional photographers around the world"


I recommend this site to anyone that is looking to further their education in photography. It has helped me become a better photographer and take better charge of my photography business. If you don't have a strong background in business, you can find webinars that will give you a better understanding of how to run your studio and using work flow with your clients. I have been using the website, and I want to encourage readers to check it out too! You can't go wrong when the education is free and on your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment