Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sloan Park - Mt. Ulla, NC

Sloan Park has been located less than 10 minutes up the road from my house, since I was nine years old. I visited the park many times, but it wasn't until recently that I really began to appreciate the park for more than just the playground. There are many nature trails to hike, a gazebo, stage, volleyball nets, a creek, and Kerr Mill.

I want to start my post out by highlighting some of the locations on the other side of the park that I wasn't able to use for my photoshoot.

A covered bridge on a nature trail


The Pond


Overgrowth and vines as covered seating


My absolute favorite is the stick-tree backdrop


Kerr Mill


I was lucky enough to shoot some graduation photos of Jess at this location and the opportunities are truly endless for the type of photographs you can take. You can even use the trees:


Jess wanted to get some photos at Kerr Mill so we tried to go for something more edgy and unique:



We also took advantage of the bridge and the creek behind Kerr Mill:


The Bridge


I suggest that you go explore Sloan Park before you next shoot to really find all the great nooks and crannies. There is always something to surprise you, but you can really use this park to shoot some great photos of anyone for any occasion. You just need a little imagination!


Park Hours:
January -May, and October - December
Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM
June – September
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00PM

Sloan Park
550 Sloan Road
Mount Ulla, NC 28125

No comments:

Post a Comment