Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jacksonville Landing

Jacksonville Landing, Jacksonville, FL

Recently, I was lucky enough to attend a conference in Jacksonville, FL. Although, I did not have enough time to go out and take portrait photographs, I was able to take some scenic photographs. The city blocks around the landing have buildings that would be the perfect backgrounds for portraits.



Above is a building view from my hotel room. As you can see there are so many different styles of buildings that you could utilize. Keep something like this in mind when you're choosing locations in your neighborhood or city. My personal favorite was the animal print building that I was lucky enough to see in person; however, it was dark out and the photograph would not have done the colors justice.

At the Landing, there are beautiful bridges to use as backdrops as well as the blue water between the Landing and Riverside.


The waterfront Hyatt Regency Hotel provides guests with a large fountain that anyone can use for photographs.


I was disappointed that I didn't get better photographs of actual people at these places, but I was truly inspired by Jacksonville, FL.

The Jacksonville Landing has a plethora of photography shoot locations you just have to be willing to go out and find them.

Be sure to check out this venue:

Jacksonville Landing
2 W. Independent Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32202

No comments:

Post a Comment